EM3 is an international energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path.
EM3 is a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions. For everyone at EM3, every day provides the inspiration to create a better tomorrow for generations to come.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced energy engineer based in Ireland to support our growing business.
Role Responsibilities & Description
The role of the energy engineer is to lead/support technical energy audits, surveys and assist in project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites in Ireland and globally. Work with Energy management partners to deliver projects providing direct energy benefits and innovative funding options (grants/credit schemes). Review energy reports to identify discrepancies in usage patterns and to extract energy savings opportunities from the usage patterns.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out energy opportunities surveys
- Prepare energy consumption calculations
- Make top level financial justifications for various projects
- Review weekly energy reports
- Identify anomalies and opportunities.
- Develop opportunities into concepts.
- Present reports to clients organisations
- Optimisation of existing energy infrastructure & review alternative/renewable energy feasibility
- Verification of energy performance improvement
- Identify and resolve data bugs
- Coordinating on the delivery of project, consultancy and/or engineering services for EM3 clients.
- Support the development of junior engineers through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
The person shall participate fully in all necessary interaction to fulfil and develop his function within the business. This shall include, but shall not limited to:
- Information exchange with the EM3 management team
- Close coordination with the client facilities organisation
- Communicate with energy analytical team
- The person must prepare clear, neat, concise, timely and accurate documentation for review.
- He/she must make regular accounts of his activity
- He/she must prepare daily timesheets recording time spent and activity
Other Skills, Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in energy engineering
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Knowledge and experience in energy auditing, energy consumption forecasting, and energy modeling through the life cycle and capital cost/benefits analysis.
- Good working knowledge of environment, health and safety legislation requirements
- Good knowledge of IPMVP
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities
- Ability to identify and quantify energy-saving opportunities in the industrial and commercial sectors
- Fluency in other languages an advantage
- A third level qualification in engineering discipline preferably Energy engineering or a related discipline.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, with the ability to envisage the purpose of the job and structure the role around this. He/she must be motivated and have a demonstrable aptitude for facilities systems. He/she must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of positions, and impress them with a can-do attitude and responsiveness.
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.