Climate Action for Industry
- Climate Action is the deliberate decision by organizations to begin a journey to limiting their impact on the world’s climate through emission of Greenhouse Gases (GHG).
- Consumer behaviors are changing – the people of our world are becoming more aware of the impact of manufacturing on climate change and recent study from IPSOS has shown that two-thirds of adults surveyed across 28 countries (69%) say they have made changes to their consumer behavior out of concern about climate change. This represents a risk to organizations who ignore these trends but an opportunity to those who embrace Climate Action for industry.
Climate Action Strategy
5 step program to practical solutions for Climate Action for Industry:
- Set targets – We will help you choose realistic targets based on your available resources
- Define Scope – We will define the scope of your emissions accounting to ensure a practical approach
- Measure – we will develop a complete picture of your GHG emissions and illustrate this in simple terms
- Strategy – using our extensive experience across the globe on energy auditing for large manufacturing facilities we will develop practical solutions to climate action based on Energy Efficiency First principle – every kWh saved is a kWh less that needs to be generated by renewable solutions.
- Implementation – We will partner with your organization to realize your long term goals.
GHG Accounting is exactly what you think it is – it is counting carbon emissions. It sounds easier than it is – different emissions have different emissions factors and different factors can affect your emissions. But don’t worry – we can take the work out of this and complete this accounting exercise using GHG Protocol or ISO14064 standards and display the information in simple, easily understood ways.
Carbon Footprint of Products
Consumer behaviors are changing – the people of our world are becoming more aware of the impact of manufacturing on climate change and recent study from IPSOS has shown that two-thirds of adults surveyed across 28 countries (69%) say they have made changes to their consumer behavior out of concern about climate change. This represents a risk to organizations who ignore these trends but an opportunity to those who embrace Climate Action for industry.
EM3 can develop a full understanding of the Carbon Footprint of your product – from raw materials right through to end of life and develop this calculation using ISO14067 standard.
So what then?
When you understand your carbon footprint development of benchmarks vs your industry peers is necessary – our scale allows us to do this across many industries and where we don’t have existing data we will use internationally verified benchmarks to understand how your product compares.
We can then develop a bespoke practical strategy for the specific product to reduce the entire life cycle carbon emissions of the product using our innovative methods, data analytics and engineering experience.
We will then help you to develop the brand awareness of your carbon footprint through offering an EM3 verified label to your product with a live link to a section on your website detailing up to date progress of your carbon emissions reduction strategy and a location-based emissions for your product – allowing a fully transparent process with your consumers – developing a relationship of trust.
Climate Action Service
So you have made a commitment to Climate Action & you have a strategy – now what?
We will partner with you to provide an ongoing service including monthly performance reports, agnostic advice on carbon reduction projects and measurement and verification of the results to international standards. We will also help you to develop the ongoing narrative for your external communications on your progress and will be there with you every step of the way.
We will help you communicate your Carbon goals, strategy and performance from the Boardroom to the production floor and from your local community to governments or the United Nations should you wish!
Climate Change has in parts of the world – even Ireland put stress on our fresh-water resources. Now more than ever it is essential to reduce our consumption in industry to limit the effect of Climate Change on the people of our planet.
EM3 will develop an understanding of your water consumption, illustrate this in simple way and develop practical solutions to reduce your consumption. We have extensive experience in many industries and can provide impartial advice on how best to reduce your consumption.
We can offer an ongoing water management service, developing a meter and metric map for your water and measuring and analyzing your consumption on an ongoing basis. We will also measure and verify the results of any of your water efficiency projects.