EM3 is an energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path. EM3 are CPD accredited with Engineers Ireland and provide employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced site energy & sustainability engineer based in Ireland to support our pharmaceutical client.
Role Responsibilities & Description
EM3 requires an Energy and Sustainability Lead for Pharma Campus to be based on-site at a leading pharmaceutical company located in Meath.
The Energy and Sustainability Lead will develop and manage the Energy Management and Sustainability programme to achieve site and corporate energy reduction, carbon reduction and sustainability targets.
- Drive the Energy and Sustainability culture and communication strategy keeping Energy and Sustainability to the fore achieving high engagement across the site.
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating technology necessary to support requirements
- Maintain the Energy metrics and progress against targets, ensuring they are highly visible across the organisation.
- Maintain oversight of the Energy and Sustainability workstreams, providing support and direction – Biodiversity, Decarbonisation and Electrification, Waste and Water.
- Deliver accurate budgeting for energy usage across the site in conjunction with finance and production planning departments.
- Analyse energy consumption, identify and implement measures to improve energy optimization throughout the Site.
- Carry out Energy Efficiency Design Reviews of capital projects being developed for the site,
- Propose and implement improvement projects that improve compliance, improve efficiencies, yields or throughputs.
- Influence site strategy to ensure Energy and Sustainability is appropriately prioritized and resourced.
- Ensure assessment of Energy and Sustainability impacts is embedded in all relevant site processes; in particular, capital projects, change management, materials management, process changes, etc.
- Develop and execute a plan for the site to achieve ISO 50001 certification.
- Drive a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying use of Six Sigma tools on energy projects.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork in support of day-to-day operating requirements.
- Ensure effective closure on quality system documents.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates must have proven experience of working as an engineer on multiple Energy Management and Sustainability programmes.
- Candidates should be educated to degree level as a minimum.
- Knowledge of standard industry practices, procedures and safety measures is essential.
- Candidates must be excellent communicators, able to lead and focus a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to challenge and work with other technical engineers and project stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.