EM3 is an international energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path.
EM3 is a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions. For everyone at EM3, every day provides the inspiration to create a better tomorrow for generations to come.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced electrical engineer based in Limerick. The successful candidate will support the design and implementation of energy efficiency and utility projects in Industrial Manufacturing sites in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design of the full suite of Electrical & Automation solutions for our energy efficiency projects for large scale manufacturing facilities. The space where we implement energy performance improvements in include systems such as Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems and process technologies including Utilities Plant Room Design.
- Working with our client sites and our existing design teams to ensure EM3 continue to bring innovative design solutions to address climate action challenges.
- Ensuring quality design deliverables are produced to allow climate action solutions to be successfully implemented in client sites.
- Managing relationships with clients in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare space both in Ireland and internationally.
- Managing the performance of the design team on the project to ensure the client metrics for budget, schedule and energy performance are achieved.
- Liaising with contractors and technology supply partners that would be integral to largescale industrial energy efficiency projects.
- Prepare and communicate progress reports on the design process.
- Resolve technical challenges as they arise during the design and construction phase of projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree/Higher Diploma/HETAC Level 8 Engineering Electrical/Automation or equivalent.
- At least 3 Years Design Experience on Industrial Utility Systems.
- Knowledge & experience of current EN, IEC & IS Standards.
- Experience with Amtech, Dialux, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software and other equivalent engineering packages.
- An interest in Innovative design from an energy efficiency perspective.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects.
- Accuracy, attentive to detail, and a methodical nature are key attributes.
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Experience in Health and Safety acting as PSDP & PSCS.
In addition to a very rewarding role delivering real change from a climate action perspective to large international manufacturing organisations EM3 offers a unique opportunity for engineers to grow within a multinational energy consulting organisation. As part of the wider SHV Energy group many opportunities for career progression or international assignments will exist across the globe should they be of interest.
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday’s
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.