EM3 is an energy management company dedicated to enhancing the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. As part of the SHV Energy Group, with a global workforce of 17,000 employees, EM3 has delivered energy management services to large industrial sites in 24 countries over the past two years. At EM3, we cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with our employees, providing exposure to all facets of our business and supporting career growth.
We offer an exciting, challenging, and fulfilling career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company committed to reducing the environmental impact of large industries and mitigating global warming emissions.
Our Team: Our diverse team comprises engineers and scientists educated in sectors such as Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Building Services Engineering. We are currently seeking an experienced mechanical Lead based in the UK Midlands.
Role Responsibilities & Description: The role of the mechanical Lead is to collaborate with the EM3 project team in developing energy efficiency solutions for large-scale manufacturing facilities. This role involves guiding projects from the early concept stage through detailed design to implementation. The mechanical Lead will also liaise with engineers and project managers to ensure project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites in the UK. The systems targeted for energy performance improvements include Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems, as well as process technologies, including Utilities Plant Room design.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Design and cost energy efficiency solutions to meet customer expectations and tender specifications.
- Generate Scope of Works and specifications documents.
- Manage the tendering process and communicate with contractors.
- Provide budget estimates as needed.
- Conduct condition surveys, feasibility studies, and prepare reports.
- Perform site surveys for projects, gathering all relevant information for scheme design.
- Carry out calculations, both manually and using computer-based systems.
- Lead/supervise the generation of design output by the wider EM3 team.
- Correspond with other design team members and clients on technical issues.
- Develop supporting drawings/diagrams relevant to solution requirements.
- Create associated control system functional descriptions.
- Review logistical and installation requirements, along with practical risk and installation assessments.
- Attend project meetings with Clients, Design Team Members, Contractors, etc.
- Attend site progress meetings as required, including monitoring Contractor progress.
- Assist and supervise junior design staff.
- Maintain a focus on achieving high energy efficiency and low carbon design.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have experience in the design and implementation of Utility systems, including HVAC, cooling processes and refrigeration, steam/hot water, heat pumps and heat recovery, CHP, and renewables.
Additional requirements include:
- University Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities.
- Design Experience on Industrial Utility Systems would be an advantage.
- Supervisory / Team Lead experience is required.
- A good understanding of energy calculations.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a methodical nature.
- Leadership, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of design codes and standards (BS, ASME, API, or others).
- A good working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety legislation requirements.
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus.
- Flexible work schedule.
- CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities.
- Bonus scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Life insurance.
- Education reimbursement.
- LinkedIn Learning access.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.
EM3 is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.