About EM3: EM3 is a leading international energy management solutions company focused on improving the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. As part of the SHV Energy Group, which boasts a global workforce of 17,000 employees, EM3 has delivered energy management services to large industrial sites across 24 countries.
At EM3, we are committed to creating mutually beneficial partnerships with our engineers, providing them with exposure to all aspects of our business and supporting their career progression. We offer employees an exciting, challenging, and fulfilling career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of large industries and mitigating global warming emissions.
Our team includes a diverse group of engineers and scientists educated in various sectors, including Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Building Services Engineering.
Role Description: We are currently seeking an experienced POD Lead (Project Team Supervisor) to join our expanding business operations. The successful candidate will lead teams in planning and carrying out projects to make energy use more efficient and improve utility systems at industrial manufacturing sites. These sites are specifically in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries.
Role Responsibilities & Description: As the POD Lead, your role involves managing a project team and developing energy efficiency solutions for large-scale manufacturing facilities, from the early conceptual stage through detailed design to implementation. You will collaborate with engineers and project managers to facilitate project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites. The systems in which we implement energy performance improvements include Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems, and process technologies, including Utilities Plant Room design.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Engineers delivering multiple projects.
- Design and cost energy efficiency solutions in accordance with customer expectations and tender specifications.
- Generate Scope of Works and specifications documents.
- Manage the tendering process and communicate with contractors.
- Provide budget estimations as needed.
- Conduct condition surveys, feasibility studies, and prepare reports.
- Perform site surveys to gather all relevant information required for scheme design.
- Carry out calculations, both manually and using computer-based systems.
- Lead and supervise the generation of design output by the wider EM3 team.
- Correspond with other design team members and the Client on technical matters.
- Develop supporting drawings/diagrams relevant to solution requirements.
- Create associated control system functional descriptions.
- Review logistical and installation requirements, along with practical risk and installation assessments.
- Attend project meetings with Clients, Design Team Members, Contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Attend site progress meetings as required, including monitoring Contractors.
- Assist and supervise design staff.
- Maintain a focus on high energy efficiency and low carbon design.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and implementing Utility systems, including HVAC, cooling processes and refrigeration, steam/hot water, heat pumps and heat recovery, CHP, and renewables. Additional requirements include:
- University Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities.
- Strong supervisory and/or management experience is required.
- Proven ability to supervise or manage a team.
- Design experience with Industrial Utility Systems is advantageous.
- A good understanding of energy calculations and energy calculations.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a methodical nature are essential.
- The ability to lead, use initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of design codes and standards (BS, ASME, API, or others).
- A good working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety legislation requirements.
- Competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus.
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home opportunities.
- A focus on learning and development for all employees.
- A diverse range of work and world-class energy engineering experience.
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday’s
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.
EM3 is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.