EM3 is an energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path. EM3 provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced mechanical engineer based in the UK Midlands The successful candidate will lead the design and implementation of energy efficiency and utility projects in Industrial Manufacturing sites in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare industries..
Role Responsibilities & Description
The role of the mechanical engineer is to work with the EM3 project team to develop projects for energy efficiency solutions for large scale manufacturing facilities from early concept stage to detail design to take to implementation. The mechanical engineer should liaise with the engineers and project manager to allow for the project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland and globally. The space where we implement energy performance improvements in include systems such as Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems and process technologies including Utilities Plant Room design.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and costing of energy efficiency solutions in line with customer expectations and tender specifications.
- Generate Scope of Works and specifications documents.
- Manage tendering process and liaise with contractors.
- Provide budget costings as and when required.
- Carry out condition surveys, feasibility studies, report writing etc.
- Carry out site surveys for projects, to obtain all relevant information required for carrying out scheme design.
- Carry out calculations, both manual and by using computer-based systems.
- Lead / supervise generation of design output by the wider EM3 team.
- Correspond with other design team members and the Client on technical issues.
- Development of supporting drawing/diagrams relevant to solution requirements.
- Generation of associated control system functional description.
- Review of associated logistical and installation requirements along with practical risk and installation assessments.
- Attend project meetings with Clients and other Design Team Members, Contractors etc.
- Attend site progress meetings as and when required, together with monitoring Contractor’s.
- Assist and supervise junior design staff.
- To work with a focus on high energy efficiency and low carbon design.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, and project implementation of Utilities systems including either HVAC, cooling process and refrigeration, steam / hot water, heat pumps and heat recovery, CHP, renewables.
Other requirements include:
- University Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities
- Design Experience on Industrial Utility Systems would be an advantage
- Good understanding of energy calculations and energy calculations
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a methodical nature are key
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD an advantage
- Good working knowledge of design codes and standards (BS, ASME, API or others)
- Good working knowledge of environment, health and safety legislation requirements
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday’s
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.