EM3 is an energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries. At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our Engineers exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path. EM3 provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering. We are currently recruiting an experienced senior mechanical designer based in the UK Midlands. The successful candidate will lead the mechanical design and implementation of energy efficiency and utility projects in Industrial Manufacturing sites in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Role Responsibilities & Description
Key responsibilities of a Senior Mechanical Designer, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with our existing large industrial client base in the UK and our regional manager for mechanical design projects in the UK
- Mechanical design of energy efficiency solutions for large scale manufacturing facilities. The space where we implement energy performance improvements in include systems such as Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems and process technologies including Utilities Plant Room design.
- Working with our client sites and our existing design teams to ensure EM3 continue to bring innovative design solutions to address climate action challenges.
- Ensuring quality design deliverables are produced to allow climate action solutions to be successfully implemented in client sites.
- Managing relationships with clients in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare space both in Ireland and internationally.
- Managing the performance of the design team on the project to ensure the client metrics for budget, schedule and energy performance are achieved.
- Liaising with contractors and technology supply partners that would be integral to largescale industrial energy efficiency projects.
- Prepare and communicate progress reports on the design process.
- Resolve technical challenges as they arise during the design and construction phase of projects.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Design experience on industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a methodical nature are key attributes
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
- An interest in Innovative design from an energy efficiency perspective.
A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus
Flexible work schedule
Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
To see more about EM3 visit our website https://em3.ie/
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please submit your CV below.
Submit your CV