EM3 Graduate Engineering program encourages applicants from Energy, Mechanical, Electrical & Chemical & Processing disciplines to join an ever-growing team of talented individuals in delivering Climate Change & Energy solutions to large industry.
As part of this program you will develop specialist skills in all things related to Industrial Energy Efficiency and will be trained, mentored and guided to become the best engineer you can be. Our graduates are an integral part of the team from day one and are provided with all the necessary supports to deliver real results and undertake valuable work for our clients. We envisage the relationship to be a long term one where your skills and expertise are fostered and harnessed in a mutually beneficial way.
Role Responsibilities & Description
The role is extremely varied and will change based on your background, interests and strengths and client needs in an ever-changing technical environment and we endeavour to ensure our graduates get to try to work on all parts of our business. Some of the initial tasks you may undertake in year 1 of the program would include:
- Assisting EM3 project engineers with the design and implementation of facilities, utility systems & energy projects in technologies such as:
- combined heat & power, steam systems, refrigeration, HVAC, compressed air.
- Process – Dairy & Food, Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
- Renewables – Solar PV & Wind & Anaerobic Digestion
- Process improvement projects & operational change initiatives
- Performing design calculations, P&ID’s, layout drawings and other design deliverables.
- Collection of energy data & analysis of energy data to identify insights for the purposes of reducing carbon emissions .
- Actively managing the Energy programs of large industrial sites all over the world, working with clients to solve technical challenges.
- Preparing and interpreting reports & communication material to help visualize energy opportunities.
- Performance analysis of industrial energy and utility systems
- Deep dive assessment of manufacturing processes to determine solutions to optimize energy consumption.
- Support Senior Consultants in the development of Climate Action strategies for global businesses.
- Support Senior Consultants in the implementation and operation of Energy Management Systems such as ISO50001.
- Assisting with Energy Opportunities Surveys and Energy Audits on Irish & international sites.
- Working collaboratively with the team to develop innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
Candidates will gain experience in the following fields: Energy Performance of Large Industrial facilities, Utility Systems, Industrial Facilities, Mechanical/Electrical/Process Engineering, Automation/BMS/Metering Systems, etc.
- Degree/Higher Diploma/HETAC Level 8 Engineering or equivalent
- A competitive salary with performance bonus.
- Opportunities to grow your career within the SHV Energy group of companies
- Flexible work schedule – a blend of working from home and the EM3 office
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) with Engineers Ireland
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursement
- Pension & Life insurance
Salary: Competitive package
Submit your CV