Role Responsibilities & Description
- Design of Civil & Structural solutions for our energy efficiency projects for large scale manufacturing facilities. The space where we implement energy performance improvements include systems such as Chillers, Refrigeration, Heat Pumps, Combined Heat & Power, Heat Recovery, HVAC, Steam and Hot Water Systems and process technologies including Utilities Plant Room Design.
- Working with our client sites and our existing design teams to ensure EM3 continue to bring innovative design solutions to address climate action challenges.
- Ensuring quality design deliverables are produced to allow climate action solutions to be successfully implemented in client sites
- Managing relationships with clients in the Food, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical and healthcare space both in Ireland and internationally
- Managing the performance of the design team on the project to ensure the client metrics for budget, schedule and energy performance are achieved
- Liaising with contractors and technology supply partners that would be integral to largescale industrial energy efficiency projects
- Prepare and communicate progress reports on the design process
- Resolve technical challenges as they arise during the design and construction phase of projects
In addition to a very rewarding role delivering real change from a climate action perspective to large international manufacturing organisations EM3 offers a unique opportunity for engineers to grow within a multinational energy consulting organisation. As part of the wider SHV Energy group many opportunities for career progression or international assignments will exist across the globe should they be of interest.
Candidates will gain experience in the following fields: Energy Performance of Large Industrial facilities, Utility Systems, Industrial Facilities, Mechanical/Electrical/Process Engineering, Automation/BMS/Metering Systems, etc.
- Degree/Higher Diploma/HETAC Level 8 Engineering Civil/Structural or equivalent
- Design Experience on Industrial Utility Systems
- An interest in Innovative design from an energy efficiency perspective
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attentive to detail, and a methodical nature are key attributes
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
- Experience in Health and Safety acting as PSDP & PSCS
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus and expense package
- Considerable promotion opportunities within the SHV Energy group of companies
- Flexible work schedule – a blend of working from home and from the EM3 office
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Diversity of Work & World Class Energy Engineering Experience
- To see more about EM3 visit our website,
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursement
- Pension & Life insurance
Salary: Competitive package based on experience